Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Where to start...

In the beginning, there was so much randomness that I didn't know where to begin.  I don't know how many times I have wanted to start a project, but just didn't know what to do first, and, as a result, nothing got done.  Hopefully that will not happen with my current project.

I plan on working on self discipline over the next 6 and a half weeks.  I hope to have a cleaner house and more good articles written, as well as some new material for future writing.

Today was the official first day.  Though not perfect, I was disciplined more than usual.  I did not get up as early as I wanted, but I did cook a healthy breakfast of oatmeal.  I did not prepare spiritually for the day before I left the house, but I did while I was in the car on my short drive to work by leaving the radio off and collecting my thoughts and trying to focus my attention on spiritual matters.  I may have been rewarded for this by having EVERY light between home and work stay GREEN for me. 

I did what I had to do at work, only sending out a few text messages while on lunch, and leaving right on time.  I continued a simple evening at home, resting for about 30 minutes, sending a few more texts, getting ready for recycling tomorrow, cooking a simple meal.  Instead of watching the news, I watched a documentary on The Salton Sea in southern California and a day in the life (and an interview with) a 105 year old woman.  After starting the dishwasher and heading to my room, I realized that I had not written anything yet today.  Bad discipline.

So, today was a good start in self discipline.  At least I had some luck with a low-key day and got the kitchen sink looking less cluttered instead of just ignoring the mess.  So much more yet to work on, but day one was OK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment