Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Starting early, or is it late?

One of my resolutions for 2012 and other prior years was to write more than before. 

I have written more on hubpages   tom-vogler.hubpages.com this year, publishing something new about every two weeks or so, but I'm afraid I've been neglecting my blog.  So, 7 weeks into the new year, I renew my intent to write. 

The timing of this renewal comes the day before the start of Lent.  I see Lent as a time of sacrifice as well as a time of preparation.  Writing more often (hopefully daily) will be a sacrifice because it will require self discipline to set aside a few minutes a day and give up some other less productive uses of my time.  It will be a time of preparation because hopefully I will develop my talents and come up with some more good material for my portfolio.

I actually started Lent yesterday by going into the chapel on my way home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment