Friday, March 18, 2011

June in March: Free samples of heaven

Today was one of those bonus days for me.  Workload was somewhat light, especially for a Friday, and the weather was absolutely delightful with afternoon temperatures close to 80.  The average high for this date here is 57 so well above normal. My thermostat is set at 67 yet the house is 75.  Remember, it is still technically Winter.  Even my seven year old cat seems more playful than usual.  I love being able to have the windows open. 

This wonderful weather reminds me of something I heard many years ago:  Every once in a while, God will give us "free samples" of heaven.  Today is one of those free sample days. 

Another nice thing to come from this wonderful day:  I thought about several friends in places where this is normal weather.  I hadn't heard from one of them in some time so I texted her and asked about the weather where she was, and we had a nice "text-chat" for a few minutes.  My challenge to others...if you are thinking of someone, go ahead and contact someone you may have lost touch with...call them, send a text, send an e-mail.  You'll be glad you did.  Don't let anything stop you!

No comments:

Post a Comment