Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Trying again...

Well, it looks like this year, I am trying the same things I have attempted in the past...freeing myself from television and social media for the best part of at least the next 6+ weeks, or longer if I like the results of my disconnect. Today is day one of my attempt, and so far it went without any withdrawal symptoms. I literally unplugged my television at 5 minutes to midnight, just in case I was tempted to turn it on. One noticeable benefit was the fact that I got several small but important things done around the house. Multiply that by 30 or 40 or more just over the next few weeks, and that should really make a difference.

Hopefully, I will get back to more blogging. I plan on checking in with social media and television about once a week for an hour or so, but restoring balance seems like something I need to do, and that means keeping certain things in check that were getting out of hand.

I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted, but at least I made it in less than a year, which is better than the 3 year absence from before. It feels good to be back here.

No comments:

Post a Comment